Americans spend more than $29 billion each year trying to maintain and care for their lawn grass.
Not only is live grass costly, but the upkeep can take up large chunks of your time, too. Each year, the average American spends around 70 hours mowing, water, and trying to maintain their yard grass.
With artificial grass, you’ll be able to keep your yard, recreational fields, and other spaces glittering green year-round minus the hassle of maintenance and cost.
This beginner’s guide will help you know what to consider before you buy artificial grass so you can make the right decision.
Of course, it’s vital to consider the quality of artificial grass before you make any purchases. Research the manufacturer and make sure their product will give you the result you want.
Like most products, the overall quality of artificial grass can vary greatly. To make sure you’re buying the best, conduct your own quality check by assessing the following:
- Weight: The weight of artificial turf can be a good indicator of the quality of the product. The preferable weight of a square meter of turf should be at least 3kg.
- Color: Artificial grass ranges in color to fit a variety of aesthetic needs. You can choose deeper-toned grass or lighter-toned grass, and neither of these should fade since quality artificial grass is resistant to UV rays.
- Durability: You’ll want to make sure the turf you are buying will last. If the turf passes the FIFA endurance test, then you can rest assured that it can withstand general everyday use. Durability is a crucial factor if you’re looking to install artificial grass in a sports or recreation field.
Types of Turf
With so many choices out there, you’re guaranteed to find artificial turf that suits your needs.
Learn the different types of turf so you can find out what type will work best for you. Let’s take a look:
- Speedturf: Speedturf is built for speed and agility training, which makes it the perfect choice for indoor recreational facilities, sports gyms, and practice fields. It’s also built to endure even the toughest of training while being non-abrasive to the skin during contact.
- Landscaping Turf: It’s the economic and eco-friendly alternative when it comes to boasting a lush, green yard. Lay landscaping turf in your front yard, backyard, or deck to transform your home’s look. Most landscaping turf is pet-friendly, too, so even your four-legged friends can enjoy it.
- Golf Turf: This type of turf is meant to simulate the appearance and texture of a golf course. Golf turf comes in a variety of shades and can be customized to fit your needs.
- Playground Turf: This type of turf can transform children’s play spaces to safer, cleaner areas while staying green year-round.
Make the Switch Today
Now that you’ve read this guide, you’re a pro. Make the switch and buy artificial grass to transform your space and keep it green year-round without the hassle of everyday maintenance and costs.
For more information or to purchase the best artificial turf, check out some of our high-rated products or contact us to learn more about what artificial grass can do for you.